We are not accepting applications for UNCG-McNair at this time.
Applications for the UNCG-McNair Scholars Program are currently closed for admission into the program for this academic year. This website will be updated for the 2018-2019 application period. Please review eligibility requirements and application instructions below and contact us at email@example.com with any questions you may have.
To qualify for UNCG-McNair, you must:
- be a first-generation college student [parent(s)/guardian(s) do not have a 4-year college degree] AND come from a modest or low-income family (based on Dept. of Education's Income Guidelines)
- OR, be a member of a group this is traditionally under-represented in graduate studies (African-American, Hispanic/Latino, Alaskan Native/American Indian, or Pacific Islander)
In addition, UNCG-McNair candidates must also:
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at UNCG and have completed at least 30 credit hours
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Completed application packets will include:
- Paper or online application submission
- Two (2) recommendations completed by faculty: UNCG-McNair Recommendation Form
- Your resume
- A signed copy of your most recent completed financial aid Student Aid Report (SAR) or a signed copy of your parent(s)' or guardian(s)' 2016 tax returns.
Applications and supporting documents should be emailed to UNCG-McNair at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to/delivered in person to: UNCG-McNair Scholars Program, Student Success Center, 142E McIver Building, PO Box 26170, Greensboro, NC 27402.
Find out more about the UNCG-McNair Experience
Questions? Call 336-256-0114 or email email@example.com