The UNCG-McNair Scholars Program (UNCG-McNair) is a federal TRiO program funded by the U.S. Department of Education. Designed to prepare undergraduate students for pursuit of a PhD, UNCG-McNair provides 25 UNCG undergraduate students with opportunities to complete research with faculty mentors, attend the UNCG-McNair Summer Research Institute, explore graduate school options, and prepare for graduate-level studies. Ultimately, the goal of UNCG-McNair - and all Ronald E. McNair Post-baccalaureate Achievement Programs - is to diversify faculty demographics across the nation by providing experience and training to students typically under-represented in the academy.
The UNCG-McNair Scholars Program is excited to invite candidates to apply for our 2018 UNCG-McNair cohort.
We are currently accepting applications for UNCG-McNair, with applications due October 12, 2018. Please see below for more details on how to apply.
To qualify for UNCG-McNair, you must:
- be a first-generation college student [parent(s)/guardian(s) do not have a 4-year college degree] AND come from a modest or low-income family (based on Dept. of Education's Income Guidelines)
- OR, be a member of a group this is traditionally under-represented in graduate studies (African-American, Hispanic/Latino, Alaskan Native/American Indian, or Pacific Islander)
In addition, UNCG-McNair candidates must also:
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at UNCG and have completed at least 30 credit hours
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Find out more about the UNCG-McNair Experience
Apply to become a UNCG-McNair Scholar
Questions? Call 336-334-5044 or email email@example.com